Homemade Dog Biscuits
How to Prepare
Potato flour (1 cup)
Brown rice flour (1 cup)
Chickpeas (1 can)
Carrot (1 whole)
Pancetta (4 oz.)
Rosemary (½ tsp.)
Thyme (½ tsp.)
Basil (½ tsp.)
Oregano (½ tsp)
Italian parsley (3 tbsp. – flat)
Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup – shredded)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Using a food processor, add in the carrot, chickpeas and liquid, rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, cheese, an egg, pancetta, about 2 tablespoons of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, some pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Mulch the ingredients for 30 – 40 seconds.
- If you need some moisture, you can add in a little chicken or beef stock.
- Add in the flours.
- Pulse until dough has formed.
- Take the dough and let it set for 20 – 30 minutes in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees.
- After it has set, quarter the dough and begin to roll it out to about ¼ of an inch.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the desired shapes of the dough
- On a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, lay the biscuits on top.
- They can be placed close together as they will not expand, but may shrink in size.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Store in a container with some parchment so they stay fresher longer. Enjoy, furry friends!