Italian Lemon Ice Granita
How to Prepare
8-9 Lemons (Medium)
2 cups Spring Water
1¼ cup Granulated White Sugar
2 tbsp Lemon Zest (3 Lemons)
2 tbsp Honey
½ tsp Vanilla
- Place a medium saucepan on stovetop with low heat.
- Pour 2 cups of spring water, 1¼ cup of sugar, ½ tsp vanilla and 2 tbsp of honey and stir well on low heat for 5-8 minutes to dissolve the mixture.
- Squeeze your lemons to produce 1½ cup of lemon juice.
- Turn off heat.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest then stir well.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a baking pan and gently pour your mixture into the pan.
- Place pan in freezer for 3-4 hours, every hour break up the crystalized/granulated parts with a fork.
- Add the mixture to a glass with mint and enjoy!