How to Prepare
Ricotta (2 lbs. – strained)
Mascarpone cheese (2 tbsp.)
Parmesan cheese (½ cup)
Romano cheese (½ cup)
Fontina cheese (½ cup –shredded)
Mozzarella cheese (½ cup – shredded)
Sauce (1 ½ qt.)
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt (1 tsp.)
Eggs (4 – whisked)
Parsley (¼ cup – chopped – fresh)
Nutmeg (¼ tsp.)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil (¼ cup)
Cooking Italian with Joe’s Italian Crepes or Manicotti shells
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, eggs, mascarpone cheese, nutmeg, ¼ cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, all other remaining cheeses, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Leave a small amount of each cheese for the topping – set aside.
- Blend the ingredients all together with a wooden spoon to make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a 13 x 9 baking dish, coat the bottom of the dish with a layer of sauce.
- Enough to cover the entire bottom, but not so the manicotti are drowned in sauce.
- In the center of each crepe, place the filling. a. Roll loosely.
- Put each manicotti in the dish with the seam facing down.
- Cover with additional sauce- coating each manicotti.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese that was set aside earlier and cover the manicotti with the remaining cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Broil to finish browning until the cheese is brown and bubble. Enjoy!