How to Prepare
2 tbsp. Mascarpone Cheese
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
½ cup Romano Cheese
½ cup of shredded Fontina Cheese
½cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 tsp. Salt
4 whisked Eggs
¼ cup freshly chopped Parsley
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
¼ cup of Vito and Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cooking Italian with Joe’s Italian Crepes or Manicotti shells
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, eggs, mascarpone cheese, nutmeg, ¼ cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, all other remaining cheeses, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Leave a small amount of each cheese for the topping – set aside.
- Blend the ingredients all together with a wooden spoon to make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated. In a 13 x 9 baking dish, coat the bottom of the dish with a layer of sauce.
- Enough to cover the entire bottom, but not so the manicotti are drowned in sauce.
- In the center of each crepe, place the filling. a. Roll loosely.
- Put each manicotti in the dish with the seam facing down.
- Cover with additional sauce- coating each manicotti.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese that was set aside earlier and cover the manicotti with the remaining cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Broil to finish browning until the cheese is brown and bubble.
- Enjoy and Subscribe for more!