How to Prepare
Flour (pastry) (2 ½ cups)
Fresh ground black pepper (1 tsp.)
Sea salt (1 tbsp.)
Pancetta (4 oz. – crisply cooked)
Arugula (¼ cup)
Fontina and Romano cheese mixture (1 cup)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red pepper flakes (1 tsp.)
Butter (3 tbps.)
Sea salt (1 tsp.)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Freshly ground black pepper (1 tsp.)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil (3 tbsp.)
- In a food processor, pulse the pancetta until it’s finely chopped.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper and pulse until combined.
- Add the eggs and a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Continue mixing until a doughy consistency is reached.
- Add oil if needed.
- Lightly dust a countertop with flour.
- Place the dough on the counter and knead by hand for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for 20 – 60 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat up a pan on a stovetop.
- Add the olive oil.
- Mince the garlic and add the pan along with the butter.
- Add the salt, black pepper and the red pepper flakes.
- Pour into a large serving bowl.
- Cut a small piece of dough form the ball and roll it flat with a rolling pin.
- Place it on a pasta chitarra and cut it into pieces or slice it thinly by hand with a knife.
- Lightly flour the pieces and set them aside.
- Continue until all of the dough has been cut.
- Boil water in a pot on the stove.
- Place the pasta in the water and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until al dente.
- With tongs, remove the past directly into the bowl of oil sauce.
- Mix them together with a spoon.
- Stir in the cheese evenly.
- Add arugula and stir. Enjoy!