Cacio e Pepe Cheese Pepper Pasta
How to Prepare
Spaghetti (1 lb.)
Ground black pepper
Butter (1 stick)
Parsley (just for pressing)
Pecorino Romano cheese (½ cup)
Parmesan reggiano cheese (½ cup)
- Salt the water about 1 tablespoon per liter.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- In a pan, add about half a cup of olive oil and butter (melt).
- While the oil and butter are heating, grate the cheeses.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta.
- In the oil and butter mixture, add in about 2 tablespoons of ground pepper. Stir.
- About a minute before the pasts id fully cooked, add the pasta to the hot oil and butter mixture.
- Take about 1 cup of pasta water and add it to the pasta.
- Add the cheeses and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Plate the pasta, and add some more pepper, a little more cheese and layer some more pepper and top with some fresh cut parsley. Enjoy!