Gnocchi with Ricotta Cheese and Truffle Sauce
How to Prepare
Ricotta cheese (2 lbs.)
Flour (4 ½ cups)
Salt (½ tsp.)
Olive oil (¼ cup)
Butter (1 stick – salted)
Garlic (4 cloves – minced)
Rosemary (1/8 tsp.)
Olive oil (½ cup)
Truffle oil (¼ cup)
Black ground pepper
Onion (¼ cup – finely chopped)
- Lay some flour down on the counter and spread the ricotta cheese on top.
- Add flour in top of the ricotta cheese.
- Add mixed eggs, salt, pepper, Romano cheese and olive oil to the floured ricotta.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients together to form dough.
- Work the dough for roughly 5 – 10 minutes.
- Let it rest.
- Once the dough had time to rest, cut it into thick pieces and then roll each piece out to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut into gnocchi sized pieces.
- Using a gnocchi board or a fork, roll them into their shape.
- Once they are done, set them aside.
- Add them to boiling water and cook until they float to the top.
- Add olive oil and butter to a saucepan.
- Add in the garlic, onion and rosemary.
- On a low heat, cook down until the onions are tender.
Gnocchi with Sauce:
- Once the sauce is ready, place a small amount of sauce.
- Add in the gnocchi and then more sauce.
- Top with Romano cheese. Enjoy!