How to Prepare
Russet potatoes (6)
Flour (all-purpose) (2 ½ cups)
Salt (1 tsp.)
Nutmeg (½ tsp.)
Parmesan cheese (¾ cups)
Eggs (3 – 4)
Fresh ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for 40 – 60 minutes,
- Remove from the oven and peel the potatoes while they are still hot.
- Rice the potatoes using potato ricer.
- Place the riced potatoes in a pile to start forming the dough.
- Sprinkle salt all over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and Parmesan cheese,
- Add eggs.
- Using a pastry knife, mix all the ingredients together.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Mix with a pastry knife.
- Slowly mix in the flour with the pastry knife until the desired dough consistency is reached.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll a small piece of dough out until ½ inch thick.
- Cut into small pieces and roll the pieces down a gnocchi board or the back of a fork to achieve ridges.
- Gently place the gnocchi in boiling water until they begin to float (approximately 2 – 3 minutes).
- Remove from the water and serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!