Homemade Fresh Pasta
How to Prepare
Flour (unbleached, unenriched, organic) (4 cups)
Olive oil (1/3 cup)
Salt (1 tsp.)
- Place four on a counter top.
- Sprinkle salt on top.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl.
- Using your finger, make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the eggs.
- Marry the eggs and flour using a fork.
- Add olive oil and continue to mix.
- With a baker’s knife, work the rest of the flour in with the egg mixture.
- Knead by hand for 5 -10 minutes building up the elasticity of the dough.
- Add water as necessary.
- Coat with olive oil and rest at room temperature for around 30 minutes.
- With a baker’s knife, cut a small piece of dough and roll flat on a lightly floured counter top.
- Cut the dough so that it will fit on the surface of the pasta guitar and lay one piece on top of the wires.
- With a rolling pin, gently work the dough through the wires.
- Place in a baking pan with a wire rack and set aside.
- Cut the dough and roll into a cylinder.
- With a knife, cut the cylinder into sections about 1 centimeter wide, or to your liking.
- Unroll the dough and place in a baking pan
- 1). Boil water in a large pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt per gallon for water.
- Place one portion of the pasta in to the boiling water.
- Cook until done and place directly in a dish using a pasta fork.
- Continue one portion at a time until done.
- Add sauce, cheese and parsley. Enjoy!