One Pot Pasta
How to Prepare
Capellini or spaghetti pasta (1 lb.)
Tomatoes (1 lb.)
Vegetable stock (3 cups)
Fresh basil (3 bunches)
Oregano (¼ tsp.)
Rosemary (¼ tsp.)
Parmesan cheese (fresh)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Onion (medium sized)
Thyme (¼ tsp.)
Freshly ground black pepper
Garlic (4 cloves)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt (to taste)
- Dice the tomatoes.
- If using plum or smaller tomatoes, just slice them in half.
- Rough chop the onion and the garlic.
- Heat 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter on medium in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions.
- Simmer for 2 -3 minutes before adding the garlic.
- Cook the garlic and onions until both just start to tenderize.
- Continue to simmer.
- Add oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
- Mix for about 30 seconds and then add the tomatoes.
- Cook for 1 minute while adding salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Separate the tomatoes in half in the pan so there is an empty space in the middle for the pasta.
- Carefully lay the pasta in the empty space and add the vegetable stock.
- Break apart some of the basil and add to the pasta and tomato mixture. Cook the pasta mixture for about 9 minutes.
- Carefully separate the pasta while it cooks to prevent sticking.
- Turn off the heat and add freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir to mix the cheese into the pasta and lightly melt the cheese.
- Remove the pan from the stove and place in a large serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!