Homemade Pasta Orecchiette
How to Prepare
Flour (4 cups)
Eggs (4 – 8)
- Take 4 cups of flour and a few pinches of salt into the processor.
- Let it run for 30 – 40 seconds.
- Mix 8 eggs well and add up to ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Add half of the egg and olive oil mixture to the flour.
- Turn the food processor on.
- Turn off after a few seconds.
- Add the remainder of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle more flour on top to dough.
- Work the dough to appropriate consistency.
- Put the dough in a bowl and splash some olive oil and water on it to keep it moist.
- Let the dough rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Mold the dough into a log shape and cut it in half.
- Wrap one half in wet paper towel to keep it moist.
- With the other half, roll into a long strand and cut it into slices.
- Add flour to prevent sticking together.
- Take each slice and press down with your thumb and twist to make each “ear” of pasta.
- Put the ears on a drying rack to dry while repeating the process on the other dough log.
- Put the ears in hot water on the stove. a. Gently stir until finished.
- Add the pasta to a sauce of your choosing. Enjoy!