Pasta with Broccoli and Garlic
How to Prepare
Pasta (1 lb.)
Broccoli (3 ½ cups – cut)
Golden onion (½ cup – chopped)
Garlic (3 cloves – minced)
Unsalted butter (3 tbsp.)
Parmesan cheese (¾ cup)
Red pepper (1/8 tsp. –crushed)
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with a 1/3 of a cup of olive oil.
- In a large pot, heat up water to cook the pasta in.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and discard extra stems.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Stir.
- Add in the broccoli.
- Pour in 1/3 a cup of white wine.
- Add crushed red pepper to the broccoli.
- Add the pasta to the pot.
- The broccoli and pasta should take the same amount of time to cook.
- When the broccoli is translucent, uncover and lower the heat.
- Add in the butter and cracked pepper.
- When the pasta is done, remove from the heat and wet drain.
- Leaving some moisture in the pot.
- Empty the pasta into a large serving bowl and add a splash of olive oil.
- Add broccoli, parmesan cheese and a crack of pepper on top.
- Gently mix.
- Serve with a garnish of parsley and a sprinkle more of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!