Penne with Vodka Sauce
How to Prepare:
Penne pasta (1 lb.)
Marinara sauce (4 cups)
Butter (2 tbsp.)
Red pepper flakes (¼ tsp.)
Vodka (1 cup)
Salt (¼ tsp.)
Black pepper (½ tsp.)
Cream (1 cup – room temperature)
Parmesan Reggiano Cheese (1 cup – divided)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 tbsp.)
- Combine marinara sauce and vodka over medium heat.
- Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Add cream slowly and continue to add butter, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, olive oil and ¾ of a cup of cheese.
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta.
- Add olive oil pepper and cheese to coat the pasta.
- Add the sauce to the pasta.
- Top with parsley and remaining cheese.