Risotto with Butternut Squash and Mushrooms
How to Prepare
Butternut squash (2)
Rice (1 lb.)
White wine (1 – 1 ½ cups)
Olive oil (1 cup)
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the skin off the squash, remove the seeds and then cut into cubes.
- Place into a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven to roast for about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Remove from the oven and then place in a food processor with about half a cup of stock.
- For the risotto, add about 1 cup of olive oil into a pan.
- Add in garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- Cook on a low heat.
- After the vegetables are cooked down, add in the rice. Stir.
- After a few minutes, add in some wine.
- Add in hot stock a few ladles at a time.
- Let it soak.
- Add in a stick of butter and stir.
- Wait for the butter to fully melt and then add in cheese and 1/3 of the butternut squash into the rice. Stir.