How to Prepare
Capellini pasta (1 lb.)
Anchovies (3 – soaked in milk)
Fresh ground black pepper
Butter (2 tbsp.)
Parsley (4 tbsp.)
Capers (1/3 cup – soaked in milk)
Garlic (2 – 3 cloves, finely chopped)
San Marzano tomatoes (5 – peeled)
Black olives (1/3 cups – chopped)
Red pepper (1/3 – chopped)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil 1 gallon of water in a large pot.
- On low heat, heat up a pan on a stovetop with 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic. Mix.
- When the garlic is almost browned, push the garlic down with a spoon until it’s almost a paste.
- Remove the anchovies form the milk and add to the pan.
- Push down in the same way.
- Remove the capers from the milk and add to the pan.
- Add the olives. Stir.
- Add the pasta to the pot.
- Continue to stir the sauce.
- After 2 minutes, add about ½ a teaspoon of pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are warm, separate them from the rest of the sauce and push them down.
- Stir everything together.
- Place the pasta in the pan using tongs.
- Add 1 ladle of pasta water. Stir.
- Add the parsley. Stir. Enjoy!