How to Prepare
Spaghetti (1 lb.)
Egg yolks (2)
Onion (1/3 – finely diced)
Fresh ground black pepper
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Flat Italian parsley (to garnish)
Guanciale or Pancetta (1/2 lb. – diced)
Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup – shredded)
Romano cheese (1/3 cup – shredded)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large pot, boil water.
- In a separate large, deep saucepan, put 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, onions, butter and guanciale or pancetta.
- Cook on low-medium heat until the guanciale begins to brown and the onions become translucent.
- While that is cooking, put the pasta in the pot of boiling water to cook until al dente.
- In a separate dish, whisk the whole eggs and the 2 egg yolks together.
- Stir in the cheese, a generous portion of freshly ground black pepper and a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- When the pasta is al dente and the guanciale and onion mixture are done cooking, remove everything from the heat.
- Add the pasta to the guanciale onion mixture and toss.
- Fold in the egg and cheese mixture until a nice creamy sauce is formed and the cheese begins to melt.
- Place in a large dish and garnish with fresh parsley, grated parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!