How to Prepare
Jumbo shells (1 lb.)
Ricotta cheese (2 cups)
Parmesan and Romano cheese
Parsley (for dressing)
Garlic (1 small clove)
Thyme (¼ tsp.)
Rosemary (¼ tsp.)
Oregano (½ tsp.)
Basil (½ tsp.)
Nutmeg (¼ tsp.)
Salt (½ tsp.)
Olive oil (1/3 cup)
- Put some olive oil in a small pan on low heat.
- While the oil is heating up, start cooking the shells.
- Place the ricotta cheese in a bowl and break up the curd of the cheese.
- Add nutmeg, salt and mixed eggs. Stir.
- Add the garlic into the heated oil.
- Strain the shells and set them aside.
- Take the oil off of the heat and let it cool.
- Once it’s cool add the nutmeg, basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
- Add the oil mix into the ricotta cheese. Stir together.
- . Add the pepper and stir again.
- In a baking dish, put a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture into the jumbo shells and set on top of the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan and Romance cheeses over the top of the shells.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Take the shells out of the oven, remove the aluminum foil and cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Enjoy!