World's Best Fettuccine Alfredo
How to Prepare
Italian fettuccine (1 lb. – dry)
Onion (¼ cup)
Unsalted butter (1 stick)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Heavy cream (2 cups)
Nutmeg (just a pinch)
Romano cheese (½ cup – shredded)
Egg yolks (2)
Parmesan cheese (½ cup – shredded)
- Coat the bottom of a large pan in olive oil.
- Chop the onions and garlic into small pieces and add them to the pan with low heat.
- When the garlic and onions are soft, add the stick of butter and melt it down.
- Crack fresh pepper into the pan and add about half a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mix in the nutmeg.
- Add 1/3 cup of wine and mix.
- Slowly mix in the cream.
- In a large pot, boil water.
- Add the pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Whisk egg yolks and stir into the sauce.
- Heat until the sauce is bubbling.
- Mix in both cheeses until they lose their shape.
- Remove the pasta from the heat.
- Strain and add to the Alfredo sauce.
- You can add the fettuccine to the sauce by placing it directly into the sauce with a pasta fork too.
- Remove from the heat and place in a serving bowl.
- Top with shredded cheese and parsley. Enjoy!