World's Best Parmesan Risotto
How to Prepare
Arborio rice (2 cups)
Yellow onion (medium)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Butter (1 stick)
White wine (dry) (1 cup)
Pink Himalayan salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Chicken (or vegetable) stock (8 cups)
Parmesan cheese (2 cups – grated)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the stock on the stove on medium heat.
- Cut the stem off and cut the onion right down the middle. a. Peel in the process.
- Slice the onion up and cut the slices into small pieces.
- In a large pan, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil and half of the stick of butter. Stir on medium heat.
- Add the onion pieces. Stir.
- While the onions cook, cut the garlic cloves up into small pieces.
- Add the garlic in with the cooking onions. Stir. a. Cook until translucent.
- Add the rice in. Stir until coated.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until “crackling.”
- Add about 1 cup of the wine. Stir.
- Add 2 ladles of the hot chicken stock to the risotto (rice mix). Stir slowly
- Add a about ½ – ¾ of a teaspoon of ground pepper, a ¼ teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Add a handful of parmesan cheese. Stir
- Ensure there are no clumps.
- Add another 2 ladles of stock. Stir.
- Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Once the risotto is nice and creamy, turn the heat off.
- Add in the other ½ of the stick of butter. Stir until melted.
- Add in almost all of the remainder of the parmesan cheese.
- Leave a little for topping later.
- Stir so there aren’t any clumps.
- Scoop the risotto into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!