Homemade Pan Pizza
How to Prepare
Pizza Dough (large ball)
4 -5 slices Prosciutto
2 cloves Garlic
4 – 5 oz Mozzarella Cheese (sliced/fresh)
½ tsp Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 – 450 degrees.
- In a large cast iron pan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread it along the edges.
- Add the dough to the pan and stretch it to the edges of the cast iron pan.
- Set aside.
- Slice, de-seed, and dice the tomatoes.
- Put in a saucepan over medium-low heat with 1/3 of a cup of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add garlic, sliced basil, thyme, and zest from the lemon.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Slightly mush the tomatoes to improve the texture.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stretch the dough 1 more time and place the sauce over the dough.
- Tear the prosciutto into pieces and place over the sauce.
- Place the mozzarella cheese slices over the prosciutto.
- Put the cast iron pan on high heat (stove) for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and place in the oven for 12 minutes until the crust is brown and the cheese is brown and bubbly.