Caprese Salad with Fried Basil
How to Prepare
Capers (2 – 2 ½ tbsp. – rinsed)
Tomatoes (4 – ripe)
Ricotta cheese (fresh)
Salt (to taste)
Mozzarella cheese (fresh)
Fresh ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the tomatoes into equal ¼ slices.
- Use equal number of basil leaves to tomato slices.
- Slice the mozzarella into about half the amount of the tomato slices.
- Slice the ricotta into about half the amount of tomato slices.
- Heat Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
- Add capers and cover to cook for 30 – 40 seconds.
- Add basil leaves individually and cook just until they start to crisp.
- Remove the basil leaves and capers from the pan and place on a paper towel.
- Assemble by layering the ricotta, mozzarella, fried basil leaves and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add capers, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!