Shrimp, Arugula and Prosciutto Salad
How to Prepare
Baby arugula (½ lb.)
Shrimp (½ lb.)
Butter (3 tbsp.)
Thyme (1 tsp.)
Fresh ground black pepper
Prosciutto (4 – 5 pieces – thinly sliced)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl, stir the Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, black pepper and salt.
- Mince the garlic and stir in.
- Clean the shrimp.
- Break off the head and tail.
- Using an oyster knife, remove the shell and legs.
- Rinse and sock in the marinade.
- Heat a pan on top of the stove with Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add the butter and set to high, but not hot enough to fry the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- When the shrimp is almost done, add a splash of wine.
- When done, remove from the heat.
- Tear the prosciutto into smaller strips.
- Spoon 3 – 4 tablespoons of the juice in the pan into a bowl.
- Squeeze 1 ½ lemons into the bowl.
- Put the arugula into a large salad bowl.
- Place the strips of prosciutto and the shrimp on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix the salad together.
- Drizzle the dressing on top. Enjoy!