How to Prepare
Asparagus (1 lb.)
Hard-boiled eggs (3)
Salt (to taste)
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil some water in a steamer pot.
- Add a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare your asparagus by banding it all together and cutting the ends to an even uniform length.
- Place the asparagus in the pot and cook for 8 – 12 minutes.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, slice in half and remove the yolks. a. Place the yolks in a small bowl.
- Break the yolks apart with a fork.
- When the asparagus is finished cooking, run cool water over it to stop the cooking process.
- Lay the asparagus on a platter in a thin layer.
- Drizzle Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Juice ½ the lemon over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the egg yolks down the center of the asparagus.
- Drizzle a thin layer of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the egg yolks. Enjoy!