How to Prepare
Romano cheese (4 -5 slices)
Fontina cheese (4 -5 slices)
Butter (2 tbsp.)
Fresh ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the ciabatta in half like a hamburger bun.
- Slice notches in the top of the top piece and the underside of the bottom piece.
- Fan each piece out (like an accordion) and drizzle Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron pan on a stovetop.
- Toast both sides of each piece of bread.
- Once, toasted, remove the bread slices from the pan.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan.
- Spread the other tablespoon evenly on the bread.
- Place the bread back in the pan with the sliced sides (outsides) on the pan.
- Evenly place the Romano and fontina on the bottom slice.
- Place the top slice on the cheese.
- Cover the pan to help melt the cheese.
- Flip when browned.
- Cover and remove from the heat. Enjoy!