How to Prepare
French Bread (1 loaf)
Sliced ham (1 lb. – fresh)
Red tomatoes (2 – whole)
Mozzarella (1 lb. – fresh)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Start with the middle cuts of freshly baked bread with a strong crust sliced to medium thickness.
- Drizzle Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Place the bread in the hot panini maker and let it crisp so that both sides are toasted.
- After a few minutes, remove the toasted bread from the panini maker.
- Set aside.
- Place 3 slices of thinly sliced ham, several thin tomato slices, and thin mozzarella slices on the toasted bread.
- Melt the sandwich contents evenly.
- Finish with 4 to 6 leaves, grossly chopped of fresh arugula.
- Return back to the panini maker set to warm.
- Note: the reason for thin slicing and chopper herbs is to allow for a clean break with every bite preventing large pieces from the inside to out.
- Cook 4 – 6 minutes or until the inside cheese is gooey and melted as the outside becomes even crispier.
- Gently remove it from the panini maker and cut in half with a strong diagonal cut.
- Plate with a slight stack and finish with a sprinkle or parsley. Enjoy!