Pasta Pastina Soup
How to Prepare
Chicken OR Vegetable stock (7 cups)
Pastinis (little pasta) (½ lb.)
Parmesan cheese (2 cups)
Parsley (to garnish)
Freshly ground black pepper
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat up the chicken stock in a pot on the stove to medium-high heat.
- Add the pastini into the stick immediately. Stir so nothing sticks.
- Add half a teaspoon of pepper and 2 tablespoons of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir.
- Add about ¼ of a teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Slowly but consistently stir the mixture for 8 -10 minutes.
- Stir every 30 seconds.
- After about 10 minutes, add in half of the cheese. Stir until mixed and melted.
- Add in almost all of the remaining cheese (leaving some to sprinkle on top at the end) and mix it in until melted.
- Cook until the soup is at a gentle boil.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into a serving bowl.
- Garnish the top with some fresh parsley and some parmesan cheese. Enjoy!