World's Best Pumpkin Soup
How to Prepare
Pumpkin (8 cups – chopped)
Heavy cream (1 cup)
Potato (1 – peeled & chopped)
Mascarpone cheese (1 cup)
Whole milk (4 cups)
Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Arugula (for dressing)
Butter (4 tbsp.)
Flour (2 tbsp.)
Nutmeg (1/8 tsp.)
- Cut the whole pumpkin in half. Then cut into quarters.
- Clean out the insides of the pumpkin.
- Peel the skin off the pumpkin and cut it into chunks.
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin and potato.
- Cover in olive oil.
- Add in some salt and pepper.
- Add potato and pumpkin mix onto a baking sheet.
- Bake it for 30 minutes until its brown.
- In a pot, add in olive oil and onions.
- Add in butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the garlic.
- Add flour to make rue.
- Add in the pumpkin and potatoes.
- Slowly add in milk and cream.
- Add in almost all of the Mascarpone cheese.
- Keep some for the dressing.
- Add nutmeg and parmesan cheese.
- Using a hand blender, puree the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl
- Add a splash of olive oil, a dollop of the mascarpone cheese, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of the arugula. Enjoy!