Summer Salad with Oranges, Almonds, Arugula and Goat Cheese
How to Prepare
6 oz Arugula
½ cup (2-3) Shallots
5-6 oz Goat Cheese
⅓ – ½ cup Sliced Almonds
Fresh Ground Pepper
Pink Himalayan Salt
Vito and Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prep shallots – peel then cut into 1/8 inch slices, break apart by hand and place in bowl.
- Grate lemon to create 1-2 tsp of lemon zest, then add to bowl.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice into the bowl.
- Peel and dice 1 orange into small slices and add to bowl.
- Add ½ tsp of pepper and ¼ tsp salt, to top of ingredients in the bowl.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of olive oil and 1-2 tsp of balsamic vinegar to bowl then stir.
- Set aside so flavors can soak together.
- Use the remaining 3 oranges by peeling them and remove rind.
- Cut the oranges into ¼ inch slices.
- Using a plate dish, place the sliced oranges on bottom evenly across the plate.
- Set aside in cool place.
- Add the almonds to the bowl of ingredients and stir.
- Add the arugula to the bowl and use wooden spoon to turn for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Take goat cheese out of freezer and dice up into crumbles then add to bowl.
- Toss the salad to fix flavors and ingredients evenly.
- Once mixed, pour the arugula mix in bowl onto the plate with sliced oranges.