Tomato and Cheese Pie Galette
How to Prepare
1 ¼ cup flour
7 tbsp. cold butter
7 tbsp. ice cold water
pinch of salt
1 tbsp. milk
6-7 medium tomatoes
1 clove garlic
4 oz. of fontina cheese
4 oz. whole milk, fine course ricotta
½ cup of Mascarpone cheese
tad of nutmeg
Vito and Joes Olive oil
- Cut butter into tablespoon slices.
- Add flour, salt, and butter into a medium bowl.
- With a whisk, cover the butter with flour, then smash the butter with the whisk for 3 minutes, or until cornmeal consistency.
- Add ice cold water and whisk in until the dough comes together. Add more water if necessary.
- When the dough mixture crumbles but sticks together, pour onto a piece of plastic wrap, wrap it up, and press it together into a disk.
- Put wrapped dough in the fridge for around 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Flour your dough and a rolling pin and roll the dough out to your desired pizza size.
- Spread Mascarpone cheese onto dough, leaving space around an inch of crust.
- Grate ⅓ of garlic glove over the Mascarpone and spread it to cover evenly. Cover evenly with cracked black pepper
- Spread ricotta cheese on top of the Mascarpone. Repeat step 9.
- Grate a small amount of nutmeg onto the ricotta.
- Cut the fontina and tomatoes into slice. Top the ricotta with fontina slices, then with tomatoes slices.
- Fold the “crust” over onto of the cheese and tomatoes.
- Whisk egg in a bowl and add milk. With a brush, brush the egg wash onto the folded over crust of the galette. Sprinkle egg wash with salt.
- Top with a drizzle of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh cracked pepper.
- Transfer parchment paper with galette onto a cookie sheet. Put into oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 375, rotate the galette, and continue cooking for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Plate and slice. Enjoy!