Zucchini Fitters with Garlic Dipping Sauce
How to Prepare
Zucchini (1 lb.)
Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
Lemon Zest (1 tsp.)
Flour (3⁄4 cup)
Baking powder (1 tsp.)
Salt (to taste)
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mayonnaise (1⁄2 cup)
Mascarpone cheese (3 tbsp.)
Heavy cream (4 tbsp.)
Cloved minced Garlic (1)
Fresh lemon juice (1 tbsp.)
Fresh parsley (minced)
- In a small dish, combine the mayonnaise, mascarpone cheese and heavy cream.
- Add in the thyme, garlic, a pinch of salt, fresh ground black pepper and a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add in lemon juice to fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate while you are preparing the fritters.
- Grate zucchini with rough grater. Place into a large bowl lined with a paper towel.
- Squeeze moisture out of zucchini and set aside in another bowl. while you prepare your batter.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, slat and fresh ground pepper.
- Add a splash of Vito & Joe’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix together with a fork.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and the lemon zest.
- Mix the eggs into the zucchini.
- Stir the zucchini and egg mixture into the batter and let set for 10 minutes.
- Prepare in a large cast iron pan with 1⁄4 inch deep Vito & Joe’s
Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat on medium-high.
- Once oil is heated, scoop Zucchini mixture into a pan. Gently
flatten balls with a spatula or for.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel.
- While hot, sprinkle the salt to taste
- Serve with garlic dipping sauce. Enjoy!